ads

NARS Orgasm, Super orgasm and Copacabana Illuminators review


Light the skin from within. A collection of light-reflecting liquids that glide on to refresh and enhance the complexion with shimmering incandescence. Deceptively sheer, decidedly luminous.
* Can be applied all over the face or used as a highlighter
* Can be worn under, over or mixed with foundation
* Iconic shades

Artist Tips:

Copacabana Illuminator is an amazing highlighter: Use on shoulders and chest, then dust Laguna Bronzing Powder on top for a radiant glow.

The Illuminators impart a beautiful glow to create perfect, radiant, red-carpet-ready skin. Remember that too much shimmer can create a greasy look. Apply Illuminators to the tops of the cheekbones, the temples, and a little bit on the bridge of the nose.

Mix any Illuminator with your moisturizer or foundation to create a natural radiant glow

Super Orgasm Infused, like the blush, with golden shimmer and a peachy-gold hue that can be applied all over the face, mixed with foundation, and used to highlight the neck, shoulders and décolleté.


Copacabana Like its namesake Multiple, Copacabana Illuminator will impart a pearlescent sheen and can be applied all over the face, mixed with foundation, and used to highlight the neck, shoulders and décolleté.


I remember how excited I was when I found out NARS is coming out with Illuminators! I am addicted to any kind of highlighters, illuminators, shimmers... I already had NARS multiples which I love (will post review soon).  I had really high expectations from these and NARS did not disappoint me at all! 


When it comes to texture it's thin, runny and you need such a tiny amount because it spreads so easily. I am 100% sure that if you are first time user of these you will use WAY too much at first. I know I did , even though I was sure that drop I put on my hand is too small. Well, I was wrong. You need to experiment until you figure out how much you actually need. With that said I have a feeling this tube will last me forever. 

I always make sure to shake them well before every use. My favorite way of application with Copacabana is with my fingers - that way I can control how much product I need and where exactly I want to place it. With Super orgasm I usually use MAC 188 brush and gently dab it onto my cheeks and then blend it out. Since it gives enough color for me to use it as a blush sometimes I overdo it and then I need to blend it little bit more with my fingers to get the excess product off. 

I am pale (NC15, NC20) and have no trouble with Super orgasm showing up really well. My friend is NC30 and she also wears it as a blush. I have to admit it looks much better on her than it does on me. It brings out best in her complexion with a pop of peachy pink color and beautiful shine. She also pairs it with Laguna illuminator that she uses for contour. 

Copacabana is staple when it comes to highlighters. So easy to use, compliments most of the skin tones. You can mix it with your moisturizer, foundation primer , liquid foundation, tinted moisturizer to get more of a natural radiance. Or just simply use it over your makeup to highlight certain parts of your face. 

When applied Illuminators dry in a matter of seconds really. They do not leave residue, do not feel sticky or wet. They are also great base for applying some other cheek color over it. 

Laguna I did not purchase because I felt it's too dark and orangey for me. Although I LOVE LOVE original Laguna bronzer. 

These are shimmery so If you are not fan of it, I suggest skipping. 

I made heavier swatch to show you the exact color. Do not be scared this is super heavy and not blended at out. For real application you will probably need one third of product shown in the photo below.



Illuminators blended out with fingers. Photos are taken indoors with flash.



Orgasm Illuminator I received as GWP from Nars website. I have tried it on my skin when I was buying the other too and I decided against it for two reasons - one is that it was way too sheer when it comes to color - there was barely any and it did not look close to the Orgasm blush. It's more peachy golden with the shimer. I am not saying it's not pretty! It really is and if you are not into pinks and you want more subtle highlighter that's really wearable go for it! At the time I just wanted something with more color and that's why I got Super orgasm. It doesn't mean I won't change my mind at some point and get this one too - if I ever run out of this on since the tube has generous amount




Heavy swatch


Blended




I was trying to figure out if you prefer Illuminators over Multiples and I can't decide. Multiples are easier to use - straight out of the tube but that also makes them less hygienic
Texture wise Illuminators might be better for combo and oily skin because they are definately "thinner" and lighter feeling on skin. When it comes to staying power I have no problems with either. I think it's just personal preference. A little of product goes a long way for both but there is a price difference - Illuminators are 30$ for 30ml  and Multiples are 39$ for 15gr.

Also color wise they are not the same! In the photo below you will see the difference between the Orgasms - blush is more pink and has more golden shimmer. Orgasm illuminator has no pink in it and is very sheer. Orgasm multiple is closer to the Orgasm blush with the color but is not as shimmery. 

Super orgasm illuminator is more subtle than the blush but has more shimmer. 






ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق