ads

Urban Decay Naked Basics palette review


Our first MATTE palette, featuring six gorgeously Naked neutrals to build on or wear alone—including four never-before-seen shades.
Naked Basics is more than just the long-awaited, multipurpose MATTE companion to Naked. It's the palette EVERY woman needs in her beauty arsenal. With six stripped-down, Nakedly neutral shadows, it has everything you need for the perfect neutral matte eye—including four totally new and exclusive shades.


I am usually not fan of matte eyeshadows. Actually I never used to wear matte eyeshadows until I tried Too Faced Natural eye palette and realized that matte can look good on me too. I have been lemming Naked basics for a while. Did I need it? No. Do I have dupes? Very likely. Did I want it? Absolutely. I loved the color combo it's perfect for neutral soft everyday look with ability to upgrade it to something darker and more dramatic with two darker shades. And I love when I have all the shades needed in one palette. I will admit that I am lazy to deal with singles - who is going to dig trough drawers and makeup bags to find perfect combo of eyeshadows when you can have all of them in one.

Palette is very small, surprisingly small even though shadows are full sized. It is very purse and travel friendly and I can actually see myself only taking this palette with me if I would travel.

All the shades are matte with the exception of Venus which is called "Demi matte" by urban decay . I would rather describe it as satin. In photos with flash it even looks shiny.

Foxy is the perfect "my skin color" and it blends so well that's hard even seeing it on my hand.

Walk of shame is as light as foxy but leans more pink and works great as brow or inner corner highlighter. Or even all over the lid as a base color if you do not want to go with yellowish Foxy.

Naked 2 is great for just above the crease as a transition color.

Faint is probably my favorite. Great for the outer corner and the crease. Gives enough depth but it's light enough for quick everyday makeup. Very pigmented and smooth texture, easy to blend.

Crave is also nicely pigmented and I like to use it over the Faint for more dramatic, darker look. These two work really well together and they are two most pigmented colors in the palette.

All the other ones are slightly on a sheer side with dryer chalky texture. Non of the shadows in this palette can't be compared to standard Urban Decay shadow texture which is super soft, crazy pigmented, and almost creamy. I guess this is always an issue with mattes, it's hard achieving texture that will not feel dry and chalky. Don't get me wrong I am still happy with it, but MAC mattes are still my favorite.

When I talked to women who work in the beauty industry about this palette every single of them told me "I HATE IT". I was so surprised by this and could not understand why. They all had medium to tan complexion and every one of them said that it looks very ashy and chalky on them. I can see this happening and this palette certainly works better for lighter skin tones. Both cool and warm.

I like wearing it over Urban Decay primer potion Eden since it makes shadows more matte and gives better base than non colored Original primer.














This palette is huge winner for me. Super wearable ,portable , easy to use with multiple color combos, and the price is just perfect. One of my all time favorite UD products. 







ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق