ads

MAC Showstopper eyeshadow quad review


Launch of MAC Gorgeous eye collection went kind of unnoticed especially compared what kind of a hype MAC can create around their collections. It includes 6 limited edition eyeshadow quads that have mostly re-promoted shades.  Even without seeing any photos I knew I will get Showstopper. I loved the color description. But what made me even more sure is when I saw this on Beautizine. It looked so stunning on her, simple and easy but beautiful. I love neutral eyeshadows and can always justify buying another palette.




MAC Showstopper Eye Shadow Quad includes 4 eyeshadows:

Oh My Darling - Pale frost cream (Frost) - creamy beige that leans pink and with a frost finish. Doesn't have glitter or shimmer in it. Great for highlight. Pigmentation is good, texture is soft and has no fallout. Love it also as a base shade all over the lid under another color.

Jest - Soft peach with icy shimmer (Frost) - I have been eyeing this color for a while and actually wanted to order it in a single pan. So happy I got it in this quad. Beautiful peachy pink, very soft, creamy and blends easily. I love wearing it all over the lid. It just makes eyes pop, gives that something special. Finish is also frost without shimmer.  Highly recommending this color. 

Mineralism - Softly tarnished silver with frost (Lustre) - I had such a high expectation from this color, it looks so unique. But it ended up having awful texture - dry, poor pigment and terribly gritty. Big chunks of eyeshadow that falls out everywhere. Too bad because color is so pretty. It requires a lot of work to get the color to stay on the lid and actually show up. Overall disappointing. 

Showstopper - Deep blackened brown (Matte) - This could be a star of this quad even though it's not unique at all. Dark matte brown, great for crease and outer corner. Very pigmented, smooth texture, easy to blend no fallout. Love this shade. I can't decide which one I like better between this one and Jest. It's totally worth getting the quad just for these two shades. 

This is neutral quad but slightly different than your beige/brown/bronze neutrals. Peachy pink makes it special. It is so wearable and I can see it working on variety of skin tones and eye colors. It quickly became one of my favorite  MAC quads of all time. In past couple of years MAC pre-made quads went down in quality big time. I remember 4 years ago or longer they were so much better. Oh well... at least there is a lot to choose from their permanent line. 














Wearing Showstopper quad. My instagram selfie on my way to work. If you have IG you can follow me @cheekmeout





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق