ads

LUSH Buffy body butter review



 Tough on rough bottoms 

 Massage our Buffy body butter all over your wet skin in the bath or shower to make you softer and smooth to the touch, paying special attention to your backside. We add ground rice, almonds and beans to Buffy to act as exfoliants; the rough textures eliminate lumps and bumps and sloughs away dry skin cells to reveal brighter, fresher looking skin. Rinse off the exfoliating bits and pat yourself dry. There's no need for body lotion after a Buffy slaying session, because the cocoa and shea butters keep your skin beautifully smooth, moisturized and soft to the touch.


Let me introduce you to one of my HG Lush products! Oh Buffy where have you been all my life? I admit I am guilty. I never paid attention on Buffy until a friend told me it's the only body butter she uses daily! (Ok I will go back to this "daily" thing later).  

First time I bought Buffy is when I got pregnant. I wanted something moisturizing to keep my skin smooth and as elastic as possible since I am super prone to stretch marks. 

Buffy comes in two different sizes. I got a smaller one since only this one fits in a tin. I am sorry but that's dumb. If you make and sell larger size of a product you need to sell larger tin too. I do not want to cut the product and use couple of tins or other storage options. 

Anyway my photos show Buffy after one use. Photo on the top of this post is from official Lush website and shows Buffy when it's new. I wanted to take photos after using it so you can really see it's texture.




Buffy is solid bar that fits nicely in a hand. What might confuse you is that officially it's called body butter. But again it's a body scrub! Well you do get two in one. How great is that? 

Buffy is meant to be used in shower. I have to admit it took me couple of uses to figure out how to get best out of it. It really needs to be warmed up under the warm shower and make sure your skin is really wet. If not you will just scratch your skin.

It has ground almonds and aduki beans that do the scrubbing part. I have to worn you it is not a gentle scrub, actually it's probably the roughest I've tried. BUT great thing about it is that also has cocoa and Shea butter to moisturize the skin. When you rinse off exfoliating bits skin is left so super smooth and moisturized. It does leave oily residue that I adore. I assume if you do not have really dry skin or you like lightweight lotions you wouldn't like this. Except for the great exfoliating action, my favorite is the "oily residue" part. I do not need body butter or lotion after Buffy. It really saves my time! But this is not for quick shower when you have to get dressed immediately because residue takes a while to soak into the skin.

This is NOT for daily use. I think it would be too much exfoliating skin every day. I think King of skin might be great for everyday in shower use (I can't wait to try this one) and Buffy once or twice a week.

Initially I remember Buffy was advertised as "anti cellulite product". OK I get it skin will feel and look smoother but that's all. 

When I bought it the first time I was told by LUSH sales associate it will last me only couple of times. Yikes! That's not a lot considering a price. Well with once to twice a week use it lasted me two months for sure. Not too bad. 
I assume if I only cut one piece and kept the rest out of the water and warmth it would melt less and would lasted even longer.
.
Lush Body butters melt in warmer temperatures so be careful how you store them. I like to put it in the open tin after use to let it dry nicely before closing it. I do not keep it in my bathroom but in the closet, where it's cooler and dryer. 




Close up of the exfoliating bits but you can also see the "oily" part.



Skin after exfoliating bits are rinsed out and skin is gently patted with towel. You can see how it's left nicely moisturized . I really do not want to use phrase "oily residue" because it's usually associated with something not so good but it perfectly explains how skin looks and feels after using Buffy. It stays this way for a while before it soaks in.


Overall: Love love love Buffy and will keep buying it. Anyone with dry skin who likes rough exfoliation and good moisturizing after I highly recommend.

Quantitative Ingredients
 Cocoa Butter,  Shea Butter,  Ground Rice,  Ground Almonds,  Ground Aduki Beans,  Perfume,  Lavender Oil,  Lemon Oil,  *Citral,  *Limonene,  *Linalool

*occurs naturally in essential oils

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق