ads

MAC Temperature Rising Bare my soul eyeshadow quad review, photos, swatches


MAC Bare my soul eyeshadow quad is part of the summer 2013 Temperature rising collection and it's limited edition. MAC summer collection is usually one of my favorites and I always find something I like. Bare my soul was not a planned purchase. I loved the colors but they are so dupable and I am sure I have something very similar already. I bought it after having a rough day... retail therapy I guess.



Colors included in this quad:

Romantico - light taupe bronze (veluxe pearl)
Bare my soul - frosted gold (lustre)
Friendly - deep bronze chocolate (veluxe pearl)
When in Rio - deep green with a copper pearl (frost)

2 out of 4 shades have veluxe pearl finish - my favorite when it comes to MAC eyeshadows. Extremely smooth and pigmented. If you are new to their eyeshadows I always recommend trying this finish first. Often MAC releases colors with this finish that are LE.

Romantico and When in Rio are probably winners in this quad. Romantico is such a wearable easy to use shade even by itself and an eyeliner. Texture can't be smoother than this.
When in Rio is  pretty unique for the most out there, such an interesting color and great to use as an eyeliner. I find it hard to use it at the same time with Friendly because they blend in too much and end up looking like a smeared dark eyeshadow. Not looking nice at all.
Bare my soul is slightly sheer but that's what's expected from the lustre finish. Not bad in this case since it's mostly meant to be used as a highlight color. I feel that it's too golden and warm to be used as a highlighter under the brown bone. Maybe lightly above the crease and in the inner part of the lid. I would add Nylon or any other lighter color for the browbone.

I am overall happy with this quad. Yes it's not unique, it's nothing spectacular but it's not bad either. Lauren made this look with the Bare my soul quad and she sold it to me. Not that I can really recreate it as good as she did it (I desperately tried).

I know I am really late with this review and won't be much of a use for anyone but just wanted to share it with you. I love MAC quads although I feel last couple of years they weren't as good quality wise as they were before. They can be hit or a miss. They are certainly cheaper then to make your own quad.







In this EOTD I used three shade from this quad except the darkest one - When in Rio. I wanted to keep it soft and put an accent on an eyeliner that was bright teal (somehow looks blue in the photos). 







ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق