ads

My picks from MAC Magnetic Nude collection - Fairly Precious and Oh My Darling


There was a big hype since info was leaked about Magnetic Nude collection. MAC fans were excited about new and repromoted extra dimension items - skinfinishes, blushes and eyeshadows. When it comes eyeshadows I was never interested in them especially when they went up on a price and made product almost twice smaller. When blushes were previously released I skipped them all - everyone complained how they are not pigmented, that texture is awful etc... money saved. Superb skinfinish is probably one of those MAC items that everyone is crazy about. It was released twice already as limited edition and it was sold out super fast. It never really got my attention. Finally with this collection I decided to go to counter on the day of release and try it. Meh... Nothing special really. I do not think it would do anything for me so I skipped. But I ordered Fairly precious online since I could not resist the description - peach with dimensional pearly sheen. Sign me up for anything peachy! 


Officially it's described as "liquid-powder highlighter with prismatic reflections  that sculpts, highlights and models the face...". OK it's not really that dramatic :) 
Texture is so hard to describe. I am not a big fan. It feels to hard, not creamy enough and I have a feel that I need to scratch with brush over it to get anything to show up. I am HUGE fan of regular Mineralize skinfinishes who are supposedly shimmery whereas Extra dimension are metallic. That's the main difference. I feel that EDSF do accentuate pores and are not for everyone. 

Color is really pretty peach and it looks more peachy and warmer when applied on skin. In the pan it looks cooler and more beige toned. I do not mind this since I like anything warmer on my cheeks. It can be applied over the blush or on it's own but I do not think it gives enough color to be worn as a blush only unless you are ghostly pale (that's pretty much where I am right now).

Is it must have? Not really. Could I skip ? For sure. It's just ok I am not really crazy about it and there are so much better highlighters out there. And it's very dupable. 















After seeing a post on thebeautylookbook about her purchase from this collection I had to order lipgloss too even though initially I wasn't interested in the color (I have only seen temptalia's swatches that were nothing special really). Oh My darling looked so beautiful in Sabrina's photos I could not resist. Overall I really like MAC ligplasses and have plenty of them (keep planning on reviewing and swatching them for a while).
Oh My darling is a pale yellow pink with multi-colored shimmer, you can see in the photos below green and gold particles. It's pretty sheer but can be worn on it's own or over another pink lipstick. It's a nice color for spring. Not unique but I am to lazy to try to dig out dupe which I probably have. I love MAC glosses for different reasos - huge selection of colors, some are sheer some opaque, creamy or with a shimmer. Texture is really thick and sticky - I know that not everyone likes it. And it has light vanilla scent. 













Fairly precious actually reminded me that I already own one EDSF and that's Definitely Defined - review of this one has been sitting in my drafts for months. They are similar but DD is not so peachy, it has more silvery beige tone to it. Enough difference to justify having both (not really LOL ). 



Left : Definitely Defined, Right : Fairly Precious


Left : Definitely Defined, Right : Fairly Precious





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق