ads

Dior Diorskin Nude natural glow hydrating makeup





 What it is:

A hydrating fluid foundation that delivers just the right amount of coverage to create a naturally flawless, bare-skin effect.



What it does:

Diorskin Nude boasts 100 percent natural active ingredients and an extended shade range to create a shine-free, natural glow without masking the skin's texture. With continued use, it improves the natural radiance and beauty of the skin day after day.



What else you need to know:

This formula is composed of a mineralized water enriched with an exclusive and natural floral water that offers hydration, radiance, and elasticity to the skin. Unlike most foundations that use opaque pigments and create a mask-like effect, Diorskin Nude Foundation uses exclusive Nude-Glow pigments that are translucent. They allow the skin's natural radiance and color to shine through, appearing luminous in any light.







Temptalia reviewed this foundation back in 2009 . 

This is very important when picking a color:

The system of numbers starts with #010 and goesup to #070. #010 is the lightest, and it is neutral (no yellow, pink, or peach undertones). All numbers ending in a zero reflect neutral undertones. All numbers ending with a one (like #021) reflect shades with yellow undertones (warm/olive toned). All numbers ending with a two (like #022) reflect shades with pink undertones (cool toned). All numbers ending with a three (like #023) reflect shades with peach undertones (warm/not olive).

I purchased this foundation back in 2010. At the time lightest yellow toned shade was 021 linen. Slightly darker than my skin but could work as a summer color if I ever get any tan :) 

What drown me to this foundation is promise of natural looking, hydrated and glowy skin. I do agree that Nude really looks natural on skin. Gives medium coverage but can be built to full. Does not accentuate pores or lines. 
When it comes to hydrating part unfortunately it does not give any hydration to my skin. It actually accentuates my dry spot. I think this foundation would be amazing for normal and combination skin. For dry skin it would work for summer time or with some heavy hydrating cream and primer underneath.
I can't wear it during the winter when it's super cold and windy and heating is constantly on and drying the air and my skin out.
Dior claims it has glowy finish and I would have to disagree. Finish is natural, not glowy, not matte but more of a satin. Great for someone who does not want dewy finish that Lancome Teint miracle or YSL Touch eclat offer but does not want something flat either (Chanel perfection lumiere). 
I would say Dior Nude and Guerlain Parure de lumiere have pretty similar finish but Dior gives more coverage.

Texture is not too thin, just creamy enough and blends easily. One pump is enough for lighter coverage. I usually do one and a half pumps. Two is way too much and I am left with extra product that's a waste.

Wear time is excellent. I have no problem with foundation disappearing or rubbing off.

It comes in a luxurious glass bottle with a pump. Not too travel or purse friendly but at least it's not cheap looking plastic bottle with no pump.

I do like Nude better than Diorskin forever which I think would work better for combination/oily skin.

Recently Dior revamped their whole foundation line. They also changed a name and now it's called Dior Diorskin Nude skin- glowing makeup. I guess they stick with glow but ditched hydrating part since there is no hydration from this foundation anyway :)

What made me so happy after this is that lighter yellow toned shade in 011 was finally available in the US! I ordered it right away. Colors was absolutely perfect but my problem was that I bought it in winter time and formula just did not work for me - my skin was tight, dry areas accentuated so I returned it. I guess I will wait for spring/summer and slightly warmer weather and use my 021.

Very important is that formula did not change at all.


Comparison swatch with other HE foundations



Dior Nude 021 compared to MAC foundations



Dior Nude 021 Linen applied over Smashbox hydrating primer






I love that new face of Dior nude line is Natalie Portman



The Art of Dior Foundation Video


I would love to try other items from the Nude range

Recently Dior introduced  addition to their Nude range - BB cream



Karen from MBB has already  reviewed this one.














ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق