ads

NARS Kalahari eyeshadow duo review, photos, swatches


Modern, unique, sometimes unexpected color combinations of eyeshadow shades. Worn alone or together, all Duo Eyeshadow shades feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing and crease resistant. Color glides on smoothly, evenly and blends effortlessly. The effects can be subtle or smoldering -- the options are endless.

"Best Overall Eyeshadow” 2011 InStyle "Best Beauty Buys”
True color application
Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.
Multi-funtion use for shading, lining and highlighting the eyes.
Classic, neutral, and fashion-forward shade pairings.



François' Insight 
I try to take an unusual approach with the Duo Eyeshadows -- sometimes surprising, always interesting. The colors won't necessarily match in a traditional sense, but they will always make you think; always make you want to explore the different ways of using the two shades together.



Kalahari is the latest addition to my NARS eyeshadow duo collection. I absolutely love NARS duos. They are easy to use, colors match perfectly, you can create neutral or dramatic looks. But I also noticed that often with their duos I just don't see how two shades can work together. I admit I am not very creative person and like to stick to the same makeup routine.  But as I quoted Francois above it will sure make you think, how to combine them to create many different looks. Honestly I like using only one duo to create a look but sometimes that's just not enough. This is my feeling with Kalahari also. 

Colors in Kalahari duo are described as:
-gold confection - I am not so sure about this, I think it's more of a dark golden , very warm color
-sugared cocoa - it is lighter warm toned cocoa 


Both shades do not have shimmer but more of a satin finish. Both are highly pigmented. When I swatched it in sephora under the store lights I have to admit colors looked totally different especially the darker part. It looked more like taupe with multi colored shimmer. Also difference between shades was much more noticable. In my swatch and in many reviews out there you will see and read that colors are too similar. They really appear like that, but when combined with other eyeshadows you will see the difference. 
Colors are not very unique or anything spectacular but more of a basic neutral warm toned shades. Don't get me wrong I really like them. I love neutrals and can never have too many of them.  Also I loved how Kalahari looked paired with Alhambra duo and Mekong single eyeshadow. 






Light swatch without primer 


On my eyes: Kalahari lighter shade on the middle of the lid, darker shade above the crease. Alhambra lighter shade of the duo in the inner corner and Mekong on the outer corner. MAC fluidline dipdown. Lancome Definicils mascara. MAC select cover up concealer.











ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق