ads

NARS Ride up to the moon palette review and swatches


A sophisticated six-shadow palette of celestial smoky hues to create a high-fashion haze or otherworldly effects.

Top Row: Argentina (Limited Edition), Isolde (II), Night Porter (III)
Bottom Row: Biarritz (I), Fez (II), Cordura (III)


NARS has launched two limited edition palettes as their Fall 2013 gifting items. I posted sneak peak photos of both palettes here. Today I wanted to show you Ride up to the moon. 
Lately NARS launched gazillion limited edition face/eye or only eyeshadow palettes but I didn't buy any of them. Reason? Most of the colors included I already have as full sized items. Although NARS palettes are great for someone who doesn't own any or not a lot NARS items. Mostly they include same colors in them like Orgasm blush, Laguna bronzer...
I was excited to see preview for these two palettes since most of the colors I do not have! So I can justify buying both. From this palette I only own Cordura.

Palette comes in sleek rubber black signature NARS packaging. I love it when it's new and clean. Not so much when it gets messy. Below you can see photos of product in box, list of ingredients, and product without a box.






I know it has been talked a lot about size of this palette. Yes it is smaller than eyeshadow palettes that NARS released in past couple of years. But honestly when do you ever finish an eyeshadow palette? In the photo below I compared the size of the palette with NARS bronzing powder (blush/bronzer duo since it's the same size), single eyeshadow and duo eyeshadow.


This is very basic bronzey warm toned palette. Very wearable and easy for everyday simple use. Also can be transformed more to night time look with two darkest shades - Night porter and Cordura. All the colors have shimmery finish except Biarritz which is matte. 

Argentina - metallic gold (limited edition).  
Isolde - frosted ginger (left side of the duo)
Night porter - black with pearls
Biarritz - perfect , neutral cream colored beige
Fez- velvety cocoa
Cordura - shimmery dark brown 

Argentina is sheer but buildable beige-gold great for highlight. Shimmer is multi colored that's really hard to capture with camera.
Isolde is pigmented orangey shade that also has beautiful shimmer hard to capture. You really need to see it in real. 
Night porter is described as black with pearls but I see it as very dark forest green that's blackened. Texture is slightly dry and sheer, as with all Night series eyeshadows (that I tried to stay away from). I think using it wet or over cream base it would look better. 
Biarritz is probably my favorite from this palette. It is really hard to see it in my swatch photos because it litterally blends into my skin color. It would be my perfect all over the lid eyeshadow. I have no idea why I never looked into this one before. It's nicely pigmented, creamy and blends well.
Fez has been on my wishlist for a while and I was so glad to see it in this palette. Very pigmented warm toned brown with frost finish. Probably the most pigmented one in the palette. 
Cordura I already own as eyeshadow duo. It is pigmented dark chocolate brown infused with gold shimmer. Great to use it on the outter corner or instead of eyeliner to deepen the look. 


Overall : colors are not unique, and probably you have (and I do to) something similar but I couldn't resist getting this palette for 45$ when one single NARS eyeshadow is 24$. Colors are wearable , easy to combine with each other or other stuff you already have in your stash. Compact is small enough for travel too.




Swatches on NC15/20 skin, NARS Deuville. Applied over UD Primer potion. First photo taken inside with flash, second outside in direct sunlight.














ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق