ads

L'occitane En Provence Almond shower scrub review


Enriched with almond oil and crushed shells, the foaming Almond Shower Scrub melts into the skin, cleanses softly and exfoliates to remove impurities and dead cells. Skin is soft, smooth and ready to absorb all the benefits of your body creams. This scrub leaves behind the fresh and delicate fragrance of almond tree flowers


In spring 2012 L'occitane introduced couple of new items to the Almond line. Strangely all of them were limited edition (???). OK I might understand for the shower scrub but other firming items being LE doesn't make sense at all. If you are supposed to use firming products it takes a while not one time purchase. Anyway, I have not tried any of them except the shower scrub. When it was released last year I wanted to buy it, but was waiting not realizing it's LE and I missed it. It was sold out pretty fast. I was excited to see it was released again this spring and I got my hands on it. Yay! I adore Almond shower oil, and I really did have high hopes for shower scrub too.

Almond shower scrub does gentle exfoliation without stripping the skin or drying it out. It is great choice for dry and sensitive skin since it's not as harsh as some other scrubs, but does exfoliate really effectively. It leaves skin very soft and radiant. Since it is enriched with almond oil, skin is nicely moisturized but it does not leave any oily residue. 

I was hoping it will have exactly the same scent as the Almond shower oil, but it is not as sweet. It does have a same base but it slightly lighter and fresher. I would say more suitable for summer, since it's not so heavy and sweet.

Texture is thin, runny and gel like. It is not gritty at all. When you start massaging it into the skin it turns white and more and more creamy. Surprisingly it foams up very nicely. I usually do not like shower scrubs. They are not hydrating enough to be nice shower gel but on the other hand they do not exfoliate enough to be a good scrub. So somewhere in between and average in both categories. That's why I usually avoid this  kind of a product. Well, Almond shower scrub is a nice surprise. Smooth and hydrating enough , foamy enough to provide nice cleansing without drying skin out but on the other hand effective enough for exfoliator.

Nice touch was twist open & close cap.

I really can't find one thing that I do not like about this product except being Limited edition. So either waiting until next spring and hoping it will be released again or stocking up now while it's still available?? Since they discontinued other scrub from the Almond line, L'occitane needs to make this permanent!











ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق