ads

L'occitane En Provence Shea butter body lotion review




Enriched with 15% Shea Butter and natural honey and apricot oil, this creamy lotion absorbs quickly into the skin to leave skin feeling soft and looking radiant all day. Rich in vitamins A, B, C and E, this silky lotion will nourish, moisturize and protect skin.


The shea tree (Sapotaceae family) comes from dry tropical Africa and grows to a height of 12 to 20 meters. It has a thick, corky bark that protects it against bushfires and can live for 200 to 300 years. Its fruits, which look like large yellowish plums and measure 4 to 5 cm, only appear after 25 to 30 years. A thin, edible flesh surrounds 1 or 2 large seeds, which are very rich in oil. Shea trees are rarely cultivated even today and shea nuts are usually harvested in the wild.

Specific to Sub-Saharan Africa, this much-respected tree contributes to the rhythm of village life. Shea butter is used as a food oil, but also in therapeutic products. However, its main use is in beauty products: it protects the skin against the wind and the burning sun and makes a nourishing balm for the hair.

Incorporated into L'OCCITANE formulas, shea butter is an ideal balm for dry and dehydrated skin. Its nourishing and protective properties have been revealed. It contains insaponifiables, to boost cell renewal and repair the hydrolipid film, for softer, more elastic and comfortable skin. It acts like a barrier for the skin and limits water loss, thus maintaining an optimal level of moisture. For an oil version and higher proportion of unsaponifiable matter, shea butter olein is used. Finally, in soaps, the butter can be saponified to make it exceptionally soft and gentle.




I am huge fan of L'occitane shea line. I already wrote about their Shea hand cream and Shea hand scrub and both products highly impressed me. I wanted to try other stuff from their Shea line (I actually had  body scrub on my mind) but I had a chance to snatch body lotion with 50% off. I was slightly reluctant because I read some reviews online saying it's not hydrating enough and that is very lightweight. I usually prefer body butters over lotion just because my skin is so dry, barely any lotion will help with dryness.

Anyway, Shea lotion is on a pricier side. 60$ + tax for 16oz or 500ml. That's a lot. I got it for 30$ which is more acceptable price for me.

It comes in a white bottle that's not bulky at all (even though  it has 500ml) with a pump that can be opened and then closed. A lot of pumps like this one once you open it you are doomed, can't be closed back again.

Scent of this lotion is just divine. It has signature shea scent same as their hand cream. I LOVE IT! So soft, clean and not overpowering.

Texture is really on a thin side, slightly watery and absorbs very quickly. Nothing bad about that actually it's a plus if you are applying it in the morning before getting dressed, or if you like your lotion not leaving any kind of a residue. As L'occitane promises it really leaves skin looking healthy and very radiant. I was nicely surprised by this. Skin feels soft on touch. Unfortunately for me it does not moisturize enough. It is lightweight and could be great pick for summer if you have very dry skin. If not this could be your year around lotion. It is very basic, could be used for hands, feet, even your man would like this since it has such a lightweight texture. I've read some use it on their kids too, but I haven't really tried that.

I wish it has thicker, creamier texture and to provide more moisture. But even like this I am glad I got it. I will try to use it up during summer and then to switch to Shea body butter during winter.






ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق