ads

MAC Studio Careblend pressed powder review



Formulated to provide a smooth, virtually invisible, fresh-looking finish, this soft, cream-like powder is carefully blended to provide the skin with extra care, nourishment and comfort.


I have to admit I never paid much attention to Careblend pressed powder. When it was released I heard one bad review that it enhances skin dryness and after that I did not consider it for myself at all. Recently I heard from a lady that I trust very very much when it comes to makeup - she knows MAC inside and out plus she has same skin tone as mine, that Careblend has exactly the same texture as Prolongwear bronzers - which I absolutely loved so I had to try it!

At first couple of uses I wasn't really impressed. I actually was thinking of returning it. My plan of using it was only as a setting powder. I have to admit that I did not try to use it on it's own. It would give very light coverage, something like Mineralized Skinfinish natural , maybe slightly more and matte finish. I love the color - I bough it online and without ever trying it in store and it's a perfect match. I got Light plus.

First time I used it was over Mineralize moisture foundation. It was just ok. Adds coverage, evens out nicely. But as I used it more often and over Studio fix fluid I actually grew to like it a lot! Just needed to find perfect combination for it. It works magic together with Studio fix fluid. Full coverage, matte finish (but not that ugly "dead skin" matte, it's more of a satin/matte), evens out, hides pores wonderfully and holds throughout the day. It doesn't have any scent . It did not accentuate dry spots on my face nor it made my skin tight, eachy or dry powder looking at any point. It comes with a tiny sponge that I did not like much, it's almost useless (maybe for a touch up when  you are on the go). I apply it always with a large powder brush (MAC 150 or 134).

Texture is very lightweight, feels comfortable on the skin, almost creamy like. I know it's weird to say for a powder that feels creamy but it's the perfect way to describe it. It has ingredients like Shea butter and olive oil that help keep skin not feeling dry and make this powder comfortable to wear. I think that new generation powders are getting further and further from that dry caky powder look and feel on skin. It is supposed to look like your second skin, just flawless. It gives more coverage than Mineralized skinfinish natural and Blot for sure.

Careblend powder has 10gr which is decent for a setting powder and price is not that bad at all - 25$.
Probably is the best setting powder with some coverage and skincare properties in this price range.











I tried to take up close photo of the texture after swatching it with my finger. You can almost see how "creamy" it is.


MAC studio careblened pressed powder swatch on MAC NC15/20 skin






ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق