ads

MAC Studio finish concealer in NC20 & NW20 review



Lightweight, creamy, discreetly opaque, M·A·C Concealer provides smooth, long-wearing, invisible coverage for all skin blemishes.


This emollient-based, lightweight concealer is so concentrated that a tiny amount can provide opaque coverage of the skin's imperfections and discolorations. It effectively covers dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and birthmarks. Enriched with antioxidants (derivatives of vitamins A and E), it also contains silica to help adsorb the skin's oils. Concealer has an SPF of 35 and is available in a wide range of colors. It can be applied with a medium to firm fiber brush, a latex sponge or the fingertips.


  • Noncomedogenic, water-resistant and fragrance-free.


MAC Studio finish was the first concealer I got from MAC - twice in the wrong shade but oh well... we all learn from our mistakes. Later I figured NW20 is perfect shade for under my eyes and NC20 for my face. 


Left NW20, Rigth NC20


From the photo above you can clearly see what a different undertone these two have. NW20 is very pink based and it's great for neutralizing dark circles, while NC20 is yellow toned and it matches my NC15/NC20 foundation that I use from MAC for any additional covering on the face (honestly I do not use this often, usually foundation is enough to cover everything needed).

This little magic pot looks very tiny but trust me with 7g you feel you will never run out! I was using it for two years for sure and still did not hit the pan. And I was using it at least 5 times a week for under my eyes. So I wanted to B2M that pot and started digging out what's left to put it in the different container. Dear Lord amount that I got out would probably last me another year!

So if you are hesitant about getting it because of the price - it's the best value out there!

I love how in the official description first thing stated is "lightweight" - obviosly who ever wrote it never tried this concealer. It's super thick and I can even say heavy. It gets better when you warm it up a little bit - becomes thinner and creamier when it warms up. Do not rub it, just gently pat it into the skin.

It covers like no other, seriously. It's the only thing that can cover my zombie dark circles and make me look slightly more normal.

I usually apply it first with the concealer brush and then blend it with my ring finger. I love using YSL touche eclat over it - results are amazing. It brightens up and makes Studio finish look less noticeable on skin, just blends it in better.

If you buy it only for your face it's great choice if you want to wear just lightweight powder that does not cover or tinted moisturizer but you still need some spot covering.



I know some say it's not good to use it around the eyes. Really and why is that? It's too heavy? It dries skin out? Well if we discuss that we can say no makeup is good on skin blah blah blah... first of all you need to moisturizer your eye area really good DAILY (and nightly) and you won't have any issues. I just love when women blame their skin issues on their makeup, but then when you asked them about their skincare you realize they don't even wash their face, go to bed with makeup on, use their body lotion on your face or even better their foot cream... Sorry for the off topic rant.

Another plus for this concealer is SPF35. I honestly do not care about it because I am barely ever in the sun but if you are this is  a good addition to just covering.

Packaging is simple but very compact, small, lightweight. I almost never carry any makeup with me and this is the only product I used to have in my purse for any needed touch up.

When it comes to creasing unfortunately it does settle into lines. But I am not sure is it because it's so thick and heavy or because I possibly would put too much. I noticed creasing right away, maybe 15 minutes after application and then when I blend it again I wouldn't notice it any more during the day. Also what help me prevent serious creasing is applying YSL touch eclat in the inner and outer corner of the eye and blending it over Studio finish.



Studio finish is one of my top 10 if not top 5 MAC products (can't never decide). If I had to have only one concealer this would probably be it (and it was the only one I had for a while).







Before (boo I look like a zombie!) and after applying NW20




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق