ads

Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow in 43 Mystere


Chanel Mystere is a new eyeshadow palette released with Chanel fall 2013 makeup collection. It has golden khaki, golden ivory, silver taupe and matte khaki. I remember seeing this description a while ago and I became excited right away. I knew it that this quad will be da bomb for me!


Ingredients and back side of the compact:





Description wise I was thinking it will lean more green, but it's actually pretty neutral and has a lot of gray undertone to it. I wouldn't mind more green either but I love it this way too. When I swatched it on my arm I was actually a bit disappointed. Colors look pretty meh... I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary but somehow they did not look good together. That's always my biggest concern with palettes. Yes all the colors look nice separately but when you want to create a look with them they just look like one smeared color all over. Waste of money.

I played with the palette today for the first time and I used all the shades. Lightest golden ivory for inner corner and brow highlight - it is sheer but not in a bad way. Sheer enough to be used as a highlight or on top of other color for a golden sheen. Golden shimmer in it is subtle and has no fallout.

Silver taupe shade is probably the winner in this palette. It is beautiful, very pigmented, blends easily and such a great color for all over the lid. I actually applied this one first and it looked great even just by itself. So great pick if you need one eyeshadow for a quick eye makeup.

Two darker shades I used for outer corner and in the crease. Matte khaki I applied first on the outer V and blended into the crease. This is the color that kind of worried me the most when I was swatching it. It did not go even, was slightly dry and did not blend well. When I applied it with MAC 226 brush I really had no problem with it. I added a little bit of the darkest shade that's darkened brown green with some golden shimmer on the outer V but wasn't really necessary. Even without it, it looked good.















This palette is a winner for me because I love neutral, soft eyeshadows for effortless everyday look. It took me probably 10 minutes for this. Love it and highly recommend it! Great job Chanel! 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق