ads

My favorite lip balms - Lush, Bobbi Brown and Fresh




Having dry chapped lips has been "my signature" since I can remember. I don't ever remember not having dry lips. Even during not so cold months, they are still dry, maybe not as bad as during winter. Whatever I do it's not helping. More water more moisture... I think it's hereditary because my father has exactly the same problem. I am very big on lip balms and I am always on a hunt for the one that will actually help me more than others. Today I picked three of my recent (or not so recent) favorites.



Specially formulated with Wheat Germ and Olive Oil, this comfortable, non-greasy lip balm immediately goes to work comforting lips. Wear alone for natural look, with Lip Liner or Lip Gloss. Bobbi Brown Lip Balm comes in a sleek and portable polished silver tin.

 Bobbi Brown lip balm was recommend to me a year ago from a colleague when she was shocked how dry my lips can get. I finally ordered it couple of months ago and I have to tell you she was right how amazing it is. It has balmy texture that seems thick but actually feels very light on lips. It is very moisturizing, and I managed to have my lips look normal for couple of days while using it but I had to reapply it like crazy. Literally every hour or two. Non stop. Again packaging issue with having to apply it directly on my lips or stick my fingers in ti (which I never do). It is on a pricey side but you get 15g which is huge for a lipbalm. I wonder how long will this last me? More than a year I think. It feels light enough to be applied on top of the lipstick or even before - it would not make lipstick bleed. Bobbi did a great job with this one. If I ever run out I will repurchase it. (unless something new and amazing shows up on market)








What it is:

A hydrating treatment that nourishes, protects, and plumps the lips.

What it is formulated to do:
Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture. Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
This lip-loving essential has a bright, citrus scent and is free of petroleum, mineral oil, and lanolin.


I received Fresh sugar lip balm as a birthday gift from Sephora. They give away two minis - this one and Rose one that has slight pinkish tint. I did not really care about that one but this one I kind of liked. It has very thick balmy texture. Applies very easily and melts into a lighter more hydrating texture. It provides good hydration and packaging is a plus - much more hygeinic than a pot/jar. Scent surprised me - I was expecting something sugary sweet but it has light fresh scent, almost like herbal/citrus. I love to have it in my purse BUT I noticed it melts like crazy and it brakes easily. It's not a problem if you have a mini one that you got for free but if you pay full price than it's certainly a big issue. I noticed many women complain about it. I have couple of these and I do not think I will be buying full sized one. But would not mind getting couple more of these :)
I like that it leaves lips looking glossy and moisturized. Great pick for someone who wants good hydration without heavy sticky feeling of a balm and no color. This product became so popular that they came out with God knows how many different scents and colored balms (more of a light tint).







 We experimented immensely with flavor to make this popular lip balm for soft, chocolate-orange flavored lips. We mix Chocolate Whipstick by hand with a lip-soothing infusion of oats, beautiful almond and wheat germ oils, plus beeswax to protect lips from dehydration If that sounds a bit boring, worry not; we livened it up with real chocolate, vanilla absolute and orange oil. Delicious and good for you, which is a rare and lovely thing.

FEATURES
For dry, cracked lips: Chocolate Whipstick is our thickest lip balm, ideal for dry or sensitive skin.
Now, more flavorful!: strong> With a new formula that we make at lower temperatures so the flavor is stronger and more delicious than ever!

Preservative-free: Whipstick doesn’t contain any water or infusions so we’re able to make it preservative-free




My all time favorite. Tried it the first time over 6 years ago and since then I can not be without it. Sometimes I have two, one for home and one for on the go. Nothing beats it. It's very thick, and texture almost feels dry and impossible to spread, but when it warms up against the lips it becomes super creamy. I love the scent too - chocolate and orange - yes please! It leaves  light brown color, but it is very sheer. I love putting a lot overnight. This is probably the only balm that I do not have to reapply every couple of hours, or should I say all the time?  My problem is that I am not consistent - I use it for couple of days then I forget and don't use it for a week and then I look at my lips and they are the driest lips ever, cracked, chipped, just horrible.  My only issue with Whipstick is it's packaging. I hate this kind of a pot packaging. I do not ever put my fingers in it, but I actually "kiss" the product. I put it on my lips , pucker up and then move the pot in circle motion couple of times. Problem is it also leaves some product around my lips which is not an issue unless you have makeup on. Easily fixable though. 
Depending on how often I use it it lasts between 6 and 10 months. In my opinion this is the best product Lush ever made. 






ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق