ads

MAC Petal Power Mineralize blush


MAC Petal Power blush was part of the limited edition A fantasy of flowers collection and it sold out pretty quickly. It's one of those MAC items that you know will sell out even before the collection came out. It is described as "coral pink with golden shimmer". Description is very accurate. It is warm toned pink with very strong coral undertone and shimmer in it is somewhat larger than usual for MAC but not gritty or chunky. I did not have problem with shimmer migration all over the face. This really isn't a blush for those who do not like shimmer. It is noticeable. I like shimmer and have no problem with it. I can't do matte it's not for me because I look very dull and boring. Shimmer makes me look fresh, more glowy and my skin looks healthier. 


Texture is their usual Mineralize blush texture, maybe slightly dryer. Petal power looks dark and scary in the pan - at least for me with my ghostly white currently NC15 skin. I remember I ordered it even without seeing swatches and when pictures started rolling out I got scared that this is going to be too dark for me. Well it isn't and the main reason is that it is VERY SHEER. I can see this being used as a hihglihgter on medium/darker skin tones but it would not show up even with layering. 
I really love it because I can't overdo it. It gives nice glow with one brush swipe and with two natural pop of color. I am still trying to figure out what blush would be the best to use with Petal power - currently I am using 168.
I am so glad MAC will make this blush permanent!! Yay! So if you missed out on it, no worries it will be available again. If I ever run out I would buy it again for sure. Petal power, Dainty and Warm soul could make someone's complete blush collection. With these three you do not need anything else (blush wise).
















I had such a hard time trying to make swatch photos. 


  On the left you can see very light blended out swatch- this is couple of swipes with MAC 168 brush (that picks up a lot of product) and on the right is heavy finger swatch (three swipes).





Comparison with NARS Orgasm, Deep throat and MAC Springsheen


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق