ads

L'occitane Verbena body salt scrub




Salts from the Mediterranean Sea combine with the refreshing fragrance of pure extracts of verbena, orange, geranium and lemon tree in a luxurious exfoliating body scrub. Essential oils of grapeseed, apricot and sweet almond nourish and moisturize. Antioxidizing vitamin A helps to tone and maintain healthy appearance. Skin turns silky-smooth as dead skin cells are massaged away. Body and mood feel revived.

As you already may know I am big fan of body scrubs. I like to experiment and try new ones. I am always on the hunt for the best one. This is my second scrub from Loccitane. I have already reviewed Almond shower scrub here .
I prefer salt scrubs over sugar ones. I had high expectations from the Verbena scrub. I like Verbena scent it's light refreshing, zesty citrus - perfect for hot summer months.  From the rest of the Verbena line I have tried - hand cream, shower gel and body lotion - they are all awful.  BUT I love citrus verbena line.

It retails for 36$ and it's probably best value L'occitane has to offer since you get whole 14 oz or 400 grams. Also comes with a nice spatula that's extremely helpful when product needs to be scooped out of the jar.

For the whole body I needed 4 full spatulas. Two for upper body and one for each leg. I have a feeling this will last me a long time.

Texture is mixture of oils and salts. I gently mixed these together with the spatula before scooping the product out. Salt grains are very chunky and in my opinion too rough on the skin. Don't get me wrong I do not like gentle scrubs but I feel this is just too much. I had parts of my body become very red and irritated seconds after using this. And I tried to scrub gently. Also consistency is pretty thin, there is nothing to hold oil and salt together, so I had more salt in the tub than I had it on me. I was disappointed about this.

Oil part I actually really liked. You can feel that it leaves skin nicely moisturized with beautiful scent but does not leave sticky residue. Just soft skin.

If the salt is not so rough and if the mixing these two together would make better consistency meaning that you do not loose half of the product, I would recommend it. This is not for sensitive skin!!
This might work well as a foot scrub since it's so rough.

I will use it up during summer months but I will not repurchase. Almond shower scrub I plan to buy again. I would also love to try Shea body scrub, that's next on my wishlist.





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق