ads

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation review, photos and swatches





The tiniest drop of this new hybrid fluid creates a fresh, natural complexion. Skin looks refined and feels refreshed, creating an exquisite makeup experience. The fluid formula has a soft, water-light texture, and comes in 10 shades that match perfectly to skin's undertones, whether pink or beige. Dermatologist-tested. Noncomedogenic. Oil- free.



I have tried Vitalumiere Aqua when it was first launched about two years ago. I got generous sample and remember at that time I simply hated it.  I was looking for lightweight foundation and at the time couple of cosmetic companies came out with  this lightweight liquid formula. Vitalumiere aqua did not cover well at all, did not blend nicely, it looked patchy after couple of hours with foundation just disappearing from certain parts of my face. Also the worst part - it enhanced my dryness pretty bad. So I gave up and never bough it... well until recently.


I was curious to try it again and got sample to try it. And surprise - I really liked it!! I have no idea what changed - my skin definitely did not - it's still dry during winter. Maybe my application? Or use of a hydrating primer underneath? Anyway I am so glad this foundation works for me. I will not use it much during winter because I need something creamier and thicker but for spring time this will be perfect!

Texture is lightweight and blends easily. I realized that best way to apply and blend it is with fingers. It gives the most natural look.  Very important thing is to shake bottle really good before applying the foundation!! 

It has floral scent that evaporates soon after application.

I have not had any problems while wearing it meaning I had no brakeouts, clogged pores etc... 

I was asked to compare this foundation to Lancome teint miracle. They are different. Teint miracle has creamier consistency  gives more coverage and has luminous/glowy finish. Vitalumiere aqua gives light to medium coverage - it's buildable and finish is without any glow, it's simply natural satin finish.

I can see Vitalumiere aqua working the best for normal skin possibly combination with setting powder on top. For someone who wants light to medium coverage and wants easy simple application. This is "I have no time in the morning" makeup solution.

I think color range is decent too. Chanel expanded it finally and added some lighter colors. Beige 10 would be my perfect winter match but since I planned on using it during spring/summer time I went with Beige 20 that's slightly darker than my skin.

I have tried Vitalumiere foundation too last year and compared to Aqua it's much more hydrating (I am trying not to use word oily but that's how it felt and looked on my skin).

When using primer I have no problem with Aqua' staying power. 

It contains SPF15 but honestly in many countries that's not even considered SPF any more and cosmetic companies are not allowed to list that on packaging.





Vitalumiere Aqua comes in a thin square plastic squeeze out tube. It looks really small but it has usual amount of foundation 1 oz / 30ml. Bottle is very carry around and travel friendly.






Vitalumiere Aqua Beige 20 applied over Smashbox hydrating primer and with MAC prep+prime setting powder on top



Comparison swatches with other High end foundations are here




ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق