ads

MAC Taupe Shape Blush Review, Photos, Swatches


MAC Taupe Shape blush was released as a part of the Strength collection. As soon as it was released it was sold out in matter of minutes from MAC website. It is pretty unique color for MAC's range and I assumed with all the hype before that this will happen. Honestly I am too tired of chasing MAC LE stuff, staying awake, refreshing page every 3 seconds just to get my hands on certain product. Forget it. There are so many other brands out there, who even though they release LE products, they are not SO limited and you can actually enjoy the purchase.

Another reason why I wasn't interested in the first place:
- I do not contour or not intentionally 
- I do not like products that are cool toned on my cheeks

Taupe shape is described as "satiny taupe". It is soft brown with a lot of gray in it. Gray on my cheeks?? Not so sure about that. 

Anyway couple of weeks after the release I was browsing MAC website and saw this back in stock. Well, the heck I went and ordered it. My excuse was I do not have anything similar in my stash and I might learn how to contour my chubby cheeks (or at least try).
A while after the release Taupe shape was still lingering in the MAC's "goodbye" section for a while. 

It has a satin finish and is very very sheer. I guess that's great since you can't overdo it. It has some shimmer to it but only when you look at it under direct light or in photos taken with flash. It is very fine and when applied on skin it's not visible. I know some complained because of this "shimmer" it can't be used as a contour since it has to be matte, but I had no problem with that. 

I was surprised that even though being so cool toned it actually looked very natural on my skin. It took couple of swipes to get the color to show at all, but the finish was very natural. I can see this working on light cool and warm as well as neutral skin tones. On medium or darker skin tones this would not show up at all. I wish MAC left this in their permanent range, I am sure it would sell like crazy. I have not tried any of the other MAC blushes from their permanent range that are popular shades for contouring so I can't really compare. And since I do not have anything similar in my stash, I can't do any other comparison either. I wore it only on it's own with a little bit of highlighter. I still have to play more with it, trying to combine it with different blush colors. 









 Very heavy swatch on NC20 skin. I did finger swatch and had to swipe at least 5-6 times to have this much product and color show up



Wearing MAC Taupe shape and Dior nude shimmer powder on top of my cheekbones for highlight.





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق