ads

My favorite NIVEA products



NIVEA is a brand icon with a massive global appeal and an unparalleled success story. It all began in Hamburg, where NIVEA, the first-ever industrially produced oil-and-water-based cream, was launched in December 1911. Today, NIVEA is the largest skin care brand in the world, and is available in over 200 countries*. Awareness of NIVEA is virtually 100 percent in Germany, and European consumers trust it like no other skin care brand. This is confirmed, for example, by the “Reader’s Digest Most Trusted Brands 2012” study, in which more than 27,000 male and female consumers from 15 European countries voted NIVEA the most-trusted skin care brand for the eleventh year running. NIVEA has always stood for reliable quality, good value for money, and ease of use. Security, trust, closeness, and credibility are the brand’s core values.


OK so that was Beiersdorf offical press release. I wanted to write about couple of Nivea products I have been using and loving for years. Most of them I started using back in Europe, and one I actually discovered and first tried when I moved to the US. 

Right away I have to complain about Nivea range not being completely available in the US. Many many products are not available like deodorants, sun range, some body products etc.. 


The product I have been using the Longest is Skin firming body lotion Q10 plus 



It promises firmer and more toned skin, softer and smoother skin texture and 24 hour moisture.
I have to agree with all the above. It smooths the skin, feels softer, tighter and it's very moisturized. I have dry skin and I need a lot of moisture. It does not absorb right away but it does leave any kind of residue. This absolutely delivers. I do not believe in magic products that do any kind of a lift, but at least skin appears smoother and firmer. Appears is magical word in beauty industry.
I love the smell too! Actually I love the smell of the most Nivea products, it's that very easily recognizable clean and soft "Nivea scent".


Lotion that I discovered when I moved to the US is Smooth sensation.


 I have never seen it in Europe before so I kind of did not pay attention to it until I had a chance to try it. I was so impressed with the texture and the scent I bought it right away. Big 500 ml bottle! It is great if you have dry skin and you need a lot of moisture but you dislike heavy feeling products like body butters. This has lightweight texture that absorbs quickly. Sometimes I like using Firming lotion at night and Smooth sensation during the day when I have to get dressed quickly. It leaves skin smooth and very soft. From the same line Nivea also sells Smooth sensation shower gel, but I have never tried it.



My long long time favorite when it comes to in bath/ shower products is Nivea Natural oil for dry skin.


 I do not even remember of how many bottles of this I went trough. This is absolutely hands down one of the best items on the market for dry skin. It is so caring, very gentle and leaves skin soft, and never stripped or dried out. I love the soft, kind of sweet scent. Often it is compared to L'occitane Almond shower oil. Texture is very similar except that L'occitane has much sweeter almond scent. There is honestly not much of a difference between these two products quality wise except for the huge price difference. If you can't afford L'occitane it's ok, you are not missing a lot if you already have Nivea natural oil.
This item is not available in the US!! Which makes my life difficult since I have to get it from EU, and I always make sure when someone I know is traveling to bring me couple of bottles! Yes that's how  much I love it.


Another item from Nivea not available in the US unfortunately is Pearl beauty stick.



I have been using this since it came out and have not found deodorant/antiperspirant that's more effective and smells nicer. It has soft, feminine scent that does not change (to worse) during the day. It's highly effective in the highest temperatures, in the worst humidity and if you sweat like a pig (like me). It never left white marks on any of the clothes I wore, which is a huge plus.
I have tried shower gel from the same range, that's available in the US and it was nice, I wasn't too crazy about it. Scent wasn't exactly the same as the one in deodorant and that's what I was kind of hoping for.
Last time my dad brought me 10 of these (yes 10 :p ). I had to stock up!



Overall Nivea for me is one of the best if not the best drugstore brand when it comes to body care and sun care products. Their hair care items I wasn't crazy about. I have not tried a lot of skincare items for face so I can't really judge. Amount of the product and quality you are getting for the price is unbeatable.  These are my drugstore gems!

Do you have any Nivea favorites? Please share!









ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق