ads

NARS Guy Bourdin collection - Day Dream Blush and Mississippi Mermaid eyeshadow



NARS brought us collaboration with Guy Bourdin (who to me is completely unknown and would not like to get into his work or personality, to me it's just makeup and let's not get to serious about it) for the Holidays. I know I am super late with this review but still wanted to show you how beautiful are two pieces I picked up from this collection. Unfortunately both are limited editions.


First up Daydream blush - I was sure I will get this even though I haven't seen any photos or swatches I ordered it the same day it was available online. I loved the description "soft peachy pink". It has tiny golden shimmer that's mostly visible  under the direct sunlight or in photos with flash. It reminds me a lot of Deep throat, it has the same softness and easiness of wear. They are both full proof. It has nice soft texture that's easy to blend and a decent pigment. Biggest problem with this blush is that photos don't do justice to this beauty. In real is so much prettier. If I looked at the photos and swatches before ordering it, I would probably skip it thinking it's too plain and nothing already unseen. I wish NARS would keep it in their permanent range.

















Limited edition and created exclusively for the NARS Guy Bourdin Holiday Collection, Cinematic Eyeshadow has velvety soft texture that glides on smoothly for high-impact color with a metallic finish.

Easily blendable for multi-function versatility of use for shading, lining or highlighting.
Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for a more intense finish.

Most of the shadows from this collection were too bright for my liking and were an easy skip. I was debating about Mississippi Mermaid - do I really need another beige champagne eyeshadow? Not really. And I decided to skip until I swatched it at Sephora... Oh my! The texture was stunning! Somewhere between powder and cream, extremely pigmented and soft and with the most beautiful multi colored shimmer. It's so hard describing how beautiful it is because my camera could not catch the shimmer and honestly in my swatches it looks pretty boring. I can tell you one thing - NARS should change formula of all of their eyeshadows and make it like this one!











Winter is here... 







I have been on a NARS kick lately... They really released some amazing products in past year or two. One better than another. I backed off MAC and some other brands and constantly there is something great from NARS that's on my wishlist...






ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق