ads

NARS Violetta eyeshadow duo review, photos and swatches


Modern, unique, sometimes unexpected color combinations of eyeshadow shades. Worn alone or together, all Duo Eyeshadow shades feature micro-fine powders that are highly pigmented, longwearing and crease resistant. Color glides on smoothly, evenly and blends effortlessly. The effects can be subtle or smoldering -- the options are endless.

"Best Overall Eyeshadow” 2011 InStyle "Best Beauty Buys”
True color application
Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.
Multi-funtion use for shading, lining and highlighting the eyes.
Classic, neutral, and fashion-forward shade pairings.


François' Insight

I try to take an unusual approach with the Duo Eyeshadows -- sometimes surprising, always interesting. The colors won't necessarily match in a traditional sense, but they will always make you think; always make you want to explore the different ways of using the two shades together



NARS Violetta duo contains smokey lavender and soft metallic violet shades. Smokey lavender one is completely matte.

It's an interesting duo. Colors are not really unique but combination of lighter matte shade and darker shimmery it's not so common. Most of the time it's the opposite. Both colors are very wearable and especially the lighter one can be worn on it's own all over for soft look. Texture is good, soft and blends nicely but.. it really lacks pigment. I have to build both shades to have them show up at all. I've tried with different primers, mac paint pot and primer both, it's just not working... I would love to know how to make this duo work for me because I like the colors. This is one of the two NARS duos that I am having hard time with (other one is Bellissima ). All the other duos I have, absolutely no problem with pigment.

NARS always creates duos with weird color combinations that sometimes it's hard to figure out how to wear and combine them.

For now I have not tried using this duo with wet brush - maybe that would solve the problem?

I can see this duo looking great on green and brown eyes. They are pretty neutral and kind of nude everyday shades. Lighter one can be worn all over the lid with a little bit of eyeliner for quick "office appropriate look). Actually darker purple shade can be used as eyeliner.





Darker purple shade has beautiful multi colored shimmer. Not really visible when applied on the eye but you can clearly see it in this swatch. I applied them with MAC 239 brush over Lorac eyeshadow primer.


Overall I think NARS definitely has some duos that have much better quality when it comes to pigmentation. I would not recommend Violetta unless you like sheer colors or you are purple eyeshadow junkie (like me).

I tried doing EOTD with Violetta and when I took pictures it did not look nice at all, colors were so light and washed out so this post will be without an eye look.  






ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق